December is Match Month!
During December, every $1 donated to the Republic County Community Foundation will be matched with $1.50 from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation!
Republic County Community foundation awards over $43,000 in spring grantsJune 3, 2022
BELLEVILLE, Kan.— During its spring grant cycle, the Republic County Community Foundation awarded over $43,000 to 14 projects throughout Republic County.
Community foundation awards scholarshipsMay 16, 2022
BELLEVILLE, Kan.— The Republic County Community Foundation has awarded over $15,000 in scholarships to area students for the upcoming academic year. The following students received scholarships:
- Friday, July 15, 202207/15/2022 09/15/2022 Fall Grants Open Fall Grants Open Online
Fall Grants Open
- Thursday, September 15, 202209/15/2022 true Fall Grants Due Fall Grants Due Online
Fall Grants Due
- Tuesday, November 1, 202211/01/2022 02/15/2023 Scholarships Open Scholarships Open Online
- Wednesday, February 15, 202302/15/2023 04/15/2023 Spring Grants Open Spring Grants Open Online
Spring Grants Open
- Wednesday, February 15, 202302/15/2023 true Scholarships Due Scholarships Due Online
City of Scandia
The path of the Ft. Riley to Ft. Kearney Road through Republic County, Kansas, holds a story of its own. The road was significant to the exploration and settlement of the west by the pioneers and the U.S. military. This road marks an important part of history that the City of Scandia believed should be preserved.
City of Belleville
During a windstorm in Belleville, a tree blew over in City Park and destroyed one of the biggest slides. This was one of the more popular components of the park, where hundreds of youth use the park regularly. With the support from the Republic County Community Foundation, the City of Belleville was able to purchase and install a new tube slide.
With support from the community foundation, USD 109 was able to bring Dustin Poche into the art class as an in-house field trip. By hosting this type of field trip, students were able to participate in art lessons led by a professional artist, without having to miss out on the rest of their core classes.