Scott Family Scholarship
Two new $2,000 scholarships will be awarded.
North Central Kansas high school students
- Applicants must be eligible for or have graduated from a high school in USD 109 (first priority) or other high schools in Republic County (second priority), Kansas or if and to the extent funds are available, other high schools located in North Central Kansas.
- Applicant must have had at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or comparable GPA on other scale) while attending high school.
- Applicant must have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or comparable GPA on other scale) while attending post-secondary school, if applicable.
- Applicant must either be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
- Applicant must provide evidence of financial need, which is to be a determining factor in cases of equal merit.
- Applicant may use funds for books, tuition, and room and board.
- Applicants should include a brief resume that includes academic and extra-curricular activities from both secondary and post-secondary education, demonstrations of citizenship and character, and performance on test designed to measure ability and aptitude for college work.
- Applicants should also include two letters of recommendation from instructors and/or counselors.
Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for renewal by meeting the following criteria:
- Recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student and provide a copy of their transcript.
- Recipients must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Recipients are eligible to receive this scholarship for a total of 4 years (8 semesters).